Diosmin Citrus Aurantium
Product Name: Diosmin Citrus Aurantium Latin Name: Citrus Aurantium L Part Used: Fruit Specification: 90%, 95%, 98%, 99% Testing Method: HPLC CAS#: 520-27-4Chat Now
Diosmin Citrus Aurantium
What Is Diosmin?
Diosmin is a naturally occurring flavonoid glycoside that can be isolated from various plant sources or derived from the flavonoid hesperidin. Diosmin was first isolated in 1925 from Scrophularia nodosa, and first introduced as a therapeutic agent in 1969. Diosmin is a biogenic amine derived by extracting hesperidin from Citrus Aurantium L., followed by conversion of hesperidin to diosmin. Diosmin is considered to be a vascular-protecting agent used to treat chronic venous insufficiency, hemorrhoids, lymphedema, and varicose veins. As a flavonoid, diosmin also exhibits anti-inflammatory, free-radical scavenging, and antimutagenic properties. Diosmin has been used for more than 30 years as a phlebotonic and vascular protecting agent, and has recently begun to be investigated for other therapeutic purposes, including cancer, premenstrual syndrome, colitis, and diabetes.
Main Functions And Benefits Of Diosmin:
1. Diosmin prolongs the vasoconstrictor effect of norepinephrine on the vein wall, increasing venous tone, and therefore reducing venous capacitance, distensibility, and stasis.
2. Diosmin increases the venous return and reduces venous hyperpressure present in patients suffering from CVI.
3. Diosmin improves lymphatic drainage by increasing the frequency and intensity of lymphatic contractions, and by increasing the total number of functional lymphatic capillaries.
4. Diosmin powder with hesperidine decreases the diameter of lymphatic capillaries and the intralymphatic pressure.
5. At the microcirculation level, diosmin reduces capillary hyperpermeability and increases capillary resistance by protecting the microcirculation from damaging processes.
6. Diosmin reduces the expression of endothelial adhesion molecules,and inhibits the adhesion, migration, and activation of leukocytes at the capillary level. Diosmin powder leads to a reduction in the release of inflammatory mediators, principally oxygen free radicals and prostaglandins.
Applications Of Diosmin:
1. Diosmin can be used as raw material for medicines in pharmaceutical field.
2. Diosmin can be used as raw material in health care product and supplement field.
Appearance & Color
Light yellow crystalline powder
Odor & Taste
NLT 99% through 80 mesh
80 Mesh Screen
Soluble in hydro-alcoholic solution
NLT 95% Diosmin
Loss on drying
5g / 105℃ / 2hrs
2g / 525℃ / 3hrs
Total Plate Count
Total Yeast & Mold